Monday, November 21, 2011

What are your best tips to having clear skin and makeup techniques that make your eyes look bigger?

I have a bit of acne and I wish I knew some way to get rid of it. I try face washes, creams, and still nothing seems to work for long. Also I wish my eyes looked bigger, I know some eye shadow techniques that help make them look a bit bigger. Any other tips would be helpful. Thanks!What are your best tips to having clear skin and makeup techniques that make your eyes look bigger?
After trying every product under the sun to help clear my skin up, I found out that simplicity is better!





Use a simple foaming face wash (I use one by Biore, but Cetaphil cleansers are good also for every skin type) every morning and night, followed by a light oil-free moisturizer with spf.





Once a week in the shower I will use a gentle exfoliator with a washcloth for a nice deep cleansing. MAC used to have one called Volcanic Ash but it was limited edition :( so after I used mine up I switched to a pore-minimizing exfoliator by Biore. Sometimes if I feel that my skin needs extra TLC, I will use Clinique's 15min Turnaround Facial.





Since its the winter time, I sometimes have to add a bit of heavier moisturizer so my skin doesn't dry out.





Other tips I have are to not touch your face with dirty hands, don't pick at any blemishes, drink lots of water, and BE CONSISTENT with your skincare regime (I can't stress that enough).





As for making your eyes look bigger, try using a white eyeliner on your lower waterline (MAC Kohl Pencil Liner in Fascinating is nice) and use either a q-tip or a pencil brush to apply a little bit of highlighter eyeshadow to your inner eye corner (I use MAC's Solar White e/s, but if you can't find it try Vanilla e/s or Dazzlelight e/s). I would also avoid using dark eyeliner all around your eyes, this makes them appear smaller.





Hope that helps! :)What are your best tips to having clear skin and makeup techniques that make your eyes look bigger?
I had a lot of acne problems until recently as well. I found that the best thing for clearing my skin was to quit washing it so much! I also use a Neutrogena face moisturizer, which helps a lot. And keep your hands away from your face! It's a little known fact that touching your face can cause breakouts, and worsen the acne you already have.





I also switched my foundation to Neutrogena's Healthy Skin pressed powder. It's very light, and doesn't conceal, but it really helps with that healthy glow, and I've had a lot fewer pimples since I started using it (it has mild oil controlling properties.)





For eyes, I use a light, shimmery powder on the whole lid. I take a complementing, slightly darker color on the outside edges and blend it well, and use a darker shadow in a line along the lashes. Your best bet is to start the line thick at the outside corner, and let it taper toward the middle of your eye. Depending on your eye shape, the line should end somewhere between the middle and the inside corner of your eye. Blend a highlight right at the center of your eye to make it appear bigger. I use purple eyeshadow, so a dot of pink blended in the center of my lid really helps. Blend well, though- you don't want it to be too obvious.


Also, using a dark brown rather than black mascara can make a big difference. Let your eyelashes accentuate your eyes--not hide them. :)
I drink LOTS of water, i like it and that mostly what i drink. I have clear skin :] I use clinique 3 step skin care, the cleansing foam,clarifying lotion, and moisturizer. I use the clinique acne foam, the 1st step only, one a day to keep the acne away...and I exfoliate one a week(Clinique)


yeah, but thats what i do.....also dont eat lots of junk food


watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GVBkicn鈥?/a>
I like to take an eyeliner and extend the line from my bottom lashes a tiny bit past the corner of my eye. It helps to make them look wider. And I read in Cosmo that if you put a dab of very light shimmery eyeshadow right next to the inside corner of your eye it opens it up a great deal too.








ok i saw this on youtube and it is amazing!!! it seriously works!!





juat get some lemon juice and sugar, then mix them together, and scrub ur face with it!!! it seriuosly works!! makes your face smooth too! makes u smell good and tastes good! mmm lemonade!





hope it helps
Theres really a lot you could do. There are so many products out there so what I end up doing is starting cheap and trying out several products.The review site is pretty good at http://www.brandsmakeup.com visit and browse the reviews.
I have that same problem but all you can do to stop it is go to the dermatologist and get the 4 step acne treatment called Solvere
OXY !!


for acne


use the soap and then the cleaning pad





and for eye


wear pink - or a bright colour - eye shadow , with dark black mascara and dark eyeliner
take care of you face..
Different products work for different people. If you don't mind spending a little money, I would recommend Pro Active. Even if you don't have horrible acne, Pro Active can still be used to make your face clear. If not, I would recommend Noxzema. I use it and it has a hint of menthol, works pretty well for my combination skin. It may make you break out a little at first because it is bringing all the dirt to the surface of your skin, but if you keep using it, it should clear up your face. I have the same problem you do, you have to be consistent in face care and don't sleep in makeup! Also, I have noticed that the Neutrogena morning glow face Lotion works well with my skin, otherwise it gets dried out. It doesn't clog my pores though and really does give my skin a healthy glow! I still have some clogged pores (nobody is perfect..) but i have noticed a significant improvement in using the stuff i do now. And for eyes, there are a lot of tips. First off, what are the color of your eyes? If brown, you can make 'smokey eyes' and these look really good. A big tip i have is not using black in the bottom of your eyes! I know most people do, but that actually makes them appear smaller. Instead, use a white on the bottom.. just a small amount, it can make them look bigger... white makes it stand out. you can also use a white shadow on the corners of your eyes, I have noticed that this really helps. Colored contacts also makes your eyes seem bigger. Just don't overdo the eyemakeup, use a soft color and a little bit of a darker color in the crease. also, if your eyebrows have more arch your eyes sometimes appear wider. I would either get them waxed or you can just pluck/wax them yourself, just try and arch them more. hope this helps! ;P
find an eyeshadow that makes your eyes pop and stand out. like for example: brown- purple e/s, blue - green? i think? etc. enhance what you have! also, i like lining my upper lashes with a dark brown eyeliner. realllyyy close to the lashline. you might hear it referred to as ';tightlining';. i think shimmery shadows make your eyes pop more than matte ones. and brown mascara opens your eyes a lot, but see if black or brown works better for you.





as for your acne, i used to have acne too. i rarely do now. what i do is maintain a good cleaning regime, as in i wash my face twice a day with a gel cleanser. i usually use nivea refreshing cleanser, anything else that is not too harsh works just fine.





one thing is that i exfoliate my face with a scrub at least once a week. sea salt or sugar scrubs work the best and wreak less havoc than synthetic beads. i use lush ocean salt.





i sometimes use antibacterial foaming soap as well, like twice a week. i've found that it works wonders on my skin (i use bath and body works!) lol, my secret to success ;)





i also make sure that my face is not too dry afterwards either, so i use an oil free moisturizer. right now i quite like this one from nivea, i forget the name sorry.
rub some snow on your face, for bigger eyes, make your eyes look like a racoon. It's really hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment