Monday, July 26, 2010

How do I get my eye makeup to look good and stay on?

I always wear eyeliner and often eyeshadow and I like the colours to be vibrant and sharp, but my problem is, I find that it rubs off and smears!





If I have been wearing just plain eyeliner for a few hours, it smudges all underneath my eyes, half of it rubs off and it doesn't look sharp any more.





When I wear eyeshadow I like bright colours but it always fades away and smudges, loosing it's sharpness after about an hour!





Any tips on how to make it look sharper and last longer?





Thanks,


xHow do I get my eye makeup to look good and stay on?
I use to have the same problem until i started using an eye shadow primer. A good affordable one that you can find at most stores is L'oreal de-crease eye shadow base. How do I get my eye makeup to look good and stay on?
Try and buy a really good eye base , e.g UDPP (urban decay primer potion) or I like BeneFit's creaseless cream shadows. First put the base over your lid then wait and put on the eyeliner and the e/s. The smearing and smudging could also be caused by bad quality e/s, buy some MAC they have an enormous range of colours and last ages.
Use a waterproof eyeliner a good one though the avon one is really good it stays on.





As for your eyes before you apply the eyeshadow add a little nivea cream on your eyes then add a base coat that is almost the same colour as your skin then apply a thin layer of the colour that you want... Finally at your top coat





xxxxxxxxx
use MAC!!! Trust me!





I had that problem too. Get a Shadestick in the color closest to your skin tone, and use some awesome colors to just layer over that. I recommend the Mineral Eyeshadow Duos %26amp; Trios...They have really awesome color and they look so beautiful. I've gone day and night never reapplying and it seriously NEVER creases.
You need to buy a brand of make-up that actually stays on.


I used to have the same problem with my eye-liner and eye shadow.





Bobby Browns stuff is good (get it in big departmental chains, like John lewis etc...) and it lasts all day! Its totally fab!








Costs a wee bit though, but its deffinitely worth it!
Try Benefit make up. The eyeshadow is a cream and stays all day, no creases or anything. The mascara's the same, no panda eyes!





Can be pricey, but the stuff lasts months.





Even after a long night duty, my eye make up is exactly as it was when I put it on! Awesome!






use a face primer it makes makeup stay in place


all day.


sephora has really good primer.


http://www.sephora.com/search/search_res鈥?/a>
Get a good eye make up base when putting your foundation on put it over your lids under the eye make up base the press in the eye shadow with applicator.... waterproof mascara and eyeliner in as far to the eye as possible
Use better quality make up. Buy an eye primer or eye crayon that works good as a base and then apply your eyeshadow, you will find the colour is more vivid and it will last a lot longer.



sephora makeup works really really well. you should try wetting the eye shadow brush, it makes the color more vibrant. waterproof eyeliner works very very well.
Put on very little, make up takes away your outside beauty..
try waterproof eyeliner = ]
i had the same problem with my eyeshadow, it would never stay on! get a non scented lip chap and use your finger to put some on your eyelids, works amazingly:)
use and eye shadow primer. the brand ';too faced'; has one, google it
Wel what i do is out a base on my eyelid 1st, then apply the eyeshadow!


Any type eye crayon will do barry m are good www.barrym.com hope this helps xx
liquid eye liner works best it doesnt smear as long as u let it dry. but im not so sure about the eyeshadow
Sure!!





First, use a good loose powder that is for like oily skin and pressed in your eyelids, then look for a good primer made for eyeshadow, M.A.C. has one quite good, or also use the Maybelline mineral concealer as primer too, I had seen it gives a good base to prolong the color without fading that fast. I had also use what is called in M.A.C. ';Mixing medium'; where you just damp lightly the brush you will use,besides the colors will be looking more vibrant having a better consistency to staying longer put. You can make a homemade version using one part of Glycerin (look for it in drugstores or Wal-Mart) and three parts of water in a bottle, then shake well and with a tiny drop damping the brush as I mentioned before and then pick the eyeshadow of your choice.





Eyeliner does better if is liquid, and waterproof, but you can also place a dark eyeshadow, saying black pencil eyeliner and then over it the black eyeshadow.





Try it, and see if it helps you ;)
  • mineral makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment